Ready For All The Oversized Sweaters
It’s finally October! This is by far my favorite month out of the year. Why? Let me hit the high points:
- It’s my birthday month. October 12! This year I’m going to escape to the mountains for some R&R as I ring in my 29th year. I can’t believe I’ll be 30 next year…I honestly can’t think about it.
- The temperatures start to cool off (usually) and I love nothing more than spending time outside during the Fall. If only that would actually happen. It’s currently 90 degrees in Charlotte and looks like it will stay that way for the foreseeable future.
- Leaves start to change. The Autumn foliage is my favorite color palette. This time of year is so beautiful and inspiring to me! I especially enjoy going home to the mountains during this time because the views are just incredible. You can’t beat it!
- Halloween! This is probably my second favorite holiday behind Christmas. Decorating is always fun, you can be silly with it, get really creative, and I love seeing what everyone dresses up as each year. However, I have to admit I’m the WORST about committing to a Halloween costume and actually following through. I enjoy observing more than actually participating in the costumes haha.
- Sweater season. I relish the moment I can finally wrap up in a cozy sweater for the day! The right one is comforting, soft, and effortless.
shop the look
In my mind October is when it’s officially time to break out all the cozy things. Again, I wish the weather would cooperate here in Charlotte because I’m beyond ready for it. So, until I can comfortably wear sweaters outside I’ll focus on finding the right ones for my wardrobe this season and sharing them with you!
This cozy oversized sweater is from &OtherStories. I shared this brand with all of you a few months ago on Instagram stories. I first discovered them during a trip to market in NYC back when I was buying young contemporary plus size clothing for a southern department store. From the outside, their storefront drew you in with it’s clean, minimalist design and large inviting windows. When you walk in it’s everything that mid-century modern retail dreams are made of: clean white walls, natural woods, crisp racks of clothing with pops of greenery from a fiddle leaf fig tree or monstera leaf, all rounded out with chic accessories and clean beauty products. It’s just flat-out lovely.
outfit details: black sweater // faux leather leggings // shoes (sold out) similar here + here // beret
My first purchase from them wasn’t until I visited their LA location. I don’t know why I held back. I think the first time was because I was too busy working, taking in the details of the store, that I didn’t think to stop and actually shop for myself. I’m always on-the-go rushing around in market. When we were in LA for market it was a little more relaxed so I bought myself a pair of sunglasses that have been my go-to ever since. They were only $20, but I swear they held up better than some of my more expensive pairs.
This was my first experience, however, shopping their ready-to-wear items. I saw this black oversized sweater and knew I had to have it! I purchased it in a size L (US 12-14 according to their size chart) and it fit beautifully. It was just oversized enough to wear it didn’t swallow me, but gave me the relaxed look I was going for. The quality you get for $69 is pretty astonishing. &OtherStories prides themselves on producing high-quality products from three ateliers, each of which provide a different story to their customers: Paris, Stockholm, and Los Angeles. My sweater was designed in Los Angeles and features a ribbed cuff and hem, along with a ribbed bubble sleeve that is a top trend in tops this season.
I’ve paired this cozy sweater back to my faux leather leggings, size XL. This is probably my #1 most worn item during the Fall/Winter because 1) they’re comfortable 2) effortlessly stylish 3) flattering. That pretty much checks all the boxes for me.
My shoes are sold out at Shop Murph, but in case you find something else that catches your eye, make sure to use code LOLO15 for 15% off your purchase. I found some similar snakeskin and snake print booties that are linked below!
When you have some downtime, check out &OtherStories for really beautiful, unique pieces to add to your wardrobe. Their accessories are not to be missed! Everything is available in a fairly wide price-range, so you can snag a great fashion item or invest in a fabulous coat that will last you for years to come.