Budget-Friendly Beach Essentials
Everyone has different essential items that they take to the beach. For me, it’s all about combining fashion with functionality. In today’s blog post I’ll be sharing my favorite beach day essentials, including the exact products I used during our recent vacation. It covers everything from swimsuits to sunscreen and sunglasses to cover-ups. The best part is that everything in this post is under $100! These beach day essentials will help keep you prepared and on-budget.
shop the post
My Beach Essentials:
- A Go-To One-Piece: I love a good bikini as much as the next girl, but sometimes you just want a one-piece. They aren’t fussy and they’re just plain comfortable. Whether you’re chasing waves or kids, a one-piece stays on and lets you move with ease. You want one that is flattering, easy to wear and, of course, has a touch of fun! I love this recent find from Cupshe. I’m wearing a size XL (fits true-to-size) and it fit my long torso perfectly!
shop favorite one-piece swimsuits
- Cute Beach Bag: Half the time we go to the beach I carry my stuff in one of those $.99 recycled bags that you can buy at Home Goods or TJ Maxx, but this time around I wanted a bag that I could take to the beach and to dinner! It needed to be durable, yet stylish. This bag from ASOS does it all and has plenty of room for all of your beach essentials!
shop straw tote bags
- Eye and Skin Protection: I want to keep my skin looking as young and fresh as possible, as well as my eyes! In order to do that, I need to make sure they stay protected. My favorite sunscreen is mineral based and made without over 1,500 harmful ingredients. They offer a safe spray, but I love the lotion and sunblock stick! While a good pair of sunglasses is important, I’ve found that I usually wear a more inexpensive pair to the beach. You want them to block UV rays so your eyes stay safe, as well as keep your peepers from squinting to prevent wrinkles. Below are a few of my favorite value sunglasses ranging from $12-$65.
best beach sunglasses
- Sandals for Beach + Boardwalk: The key to beach sandals, like sunglasses, is they need to be inexpensive and cute. Whenever I’m looking for stylish, affordable sandals to take to the beach I go to Target. I won’t be heartbroken if they’re lost or stolen because I know they’re easily replaced and I didn’t spend a fortune on them! I love that I can wear them walking down to the beach, taking a stroll on the boardwalk, or heading out to a casual dinner. Below are some of my favorites, including the rose gold pair I wore throughout our recent trip.
shop beach sandals
- Shirt or Cover-up: No matter how hot it is, I always bring a cover up or shirt with me to the beach. If I get too much sun or it gets chilly in the shade (believe it or not, this happens!) I can throw it on over my swimsuit. It can also make me feel more comfortable when walking around, hauling stuff back and forth from the car, and easily transition my bikini into an outfit if we need to go grab lunch. I can throw on my shirt or cover-up with a pair of shorts, then I’m ready to go! Below are some of my favorite cover-up options, including a striped shirt similar to the one seen in this post and Instagram. I especially like kimonos because they’re easy to wear and look fabulous!
shop beach cover-ups
I hope you all found this post helpful when it comes to packing for your next beach trip. If you have any questions about the products in today’s post or want to share your beach essentials, please leave a comment below.