his & her valentine’s gift guide
Majority of the time I know exactly what I want for any given holiday, birthday, or regular weekday. There seems to always be an on-going list of things that I love, but would never buy for myself. If you’re like me, then your primary concern when this holiday rolls around is not “oh, what do I want.” It’s what to get your loved one. Men tend to be the biggest challenge for me because they think completely differently when it comes to gifts. The response I get 99% of the time: “just get me a gift card.” What is the fun in that?! Nothing. No fun. Nada. While it can be handy and very accessible if there is no other option, it is always nice to give and receive something a little more unique.
It is with this in mind that I put together his and her gift guides! Even if you don’t find exactly what you need, perhaps these can spark some ideas. For the ladies there is everything from office supplies (am I the only one here who is obsessed with cute office supplies?!) to a fabulous set of wine glasses or the perfect pair of tassel earrings. For the man in your life I tried to cover several different personalities: the tech lover, the auto-enthusiast, outdoorsman, beer drinker, fashion-conscious and the bourbon connoisseur. Good luck in your search and happy shopping!
- Rifle Paper Co Journals – These can be used for daily devotionals, thoughts, jotting down notes or even making to-do lists. No matter what she uses them for, she will be doing it in style!
- BaubleBar Tiffany Tassel Earrings – Tassel and fringe is everywhere right now and in this blush color you can’t go wrong. They pair with an array of colors from neutrals to bright red and can be dressed up or worn casually.
- American Atelier Daphne Wine Glasses – Snag these if your significant other enjoys entertaining or is looking for fabulous additions to their barware collection….or if they just really love wine. You can’t go wrong.
- Sur la Table Cooking Classes – This is a gift that keeps on giving because not only are you offering her an experience, but it is an experience that she can have with you. If you’re in a new relationship cooking classes can be a fun way to get to know one another and break the ice while you’re at it.
- Stuhrling Winchester Skeleton Rose Watch – I can’t get over how beautiful this watch is. The transparent face reveals the interior, which adds just a touch of edge.
- Alex and Ani Love Bracelets – Set of 3 bracelets that she can stack with other items from her jewelry collection or wear alone.
- Diptyque Candle in Rose Scent – This gift is one of those items that a girl covets, but won’t always buy for herself. As long as she loves candles, she will hands-down be thrilled to receive this one. I recommend pairing them with other spa themed items!
- Rosanna Golden Alphabet Tray – A great little dish for her to keep at the office or at home to house little trinkets. Great for holding jewelry or just used as decor!
- Clare V. Leopard Haircalf Clutch – The leopard print on this clutch is gorgeous and it will add a little bit of spice to her outfits. Highly recommend for an unexpected fashionable gift!
- Kendra Scott Lucia Ring Set – Really great combination of opal, pave, and rose gold that she can stack or wear separately.
- Mark & Graham Leather Bucket Bag & Wallet – This bag is perfect for the working girl or student in your life. The blush color is perfect for Spring and it goes even better with some gold monogramming. This is one of my favorite picks!
- Piloti Driving Gloves – Soft sheepskin leather gloves that are perfect for any auto-enthusiast, especially those that like to take long drives or live in cold climates.
- Personalized Bourbon Decanter Set – The wooden ball that acts as a stopper is a unique design element that sold me on this set. As long as he is a bourbon guy, you can’t go wrong with this gift.
- Laco Augsburg Pilot Watch – This automatic watch is on sale for $329.00 and features scratch resistant sapphire crystal, along with an exhibition back. Fun fact: the original model dates back to WWII.
- Fleece-Lined Flannel Shirt – The flannel shirt for your outdoorsman just got upgraded with a fleece lining! Great for these cold winter months.
- Yeti Rambler Colster – This item is great for a guy who likes to tailgate, camp or just enjoy a nice cold beer.
- GoPro Hero – Talk about a fun toy to have! Highly recommend!
- Leatherman Wingman Multi Tool – These tools are really great for the handy man, camper, or just someone who regularly uses knives (my husband always keeps a pocket knife on him…unofficial boy scout). They can be very useful!
- Navi Smart Keychain Light – Don’t be fooled by this description: this is no ordinary keychain light. Not only can it illuminate your surroundings, but you can also pair it with your phone and attach it to your keys. Then, using bluetooth, it can help you keep track of them. No more losing keys! I should probably get one for myself..
- Tod’s Gommino Driving Shoes – Comfortable. Classic. He can wear them as the serious driver or as a fashionable shoe. Unless he is more of the combat boot kind of guy, you can’t go wrong with giving him a pair of these.