five favorite skincare products
This marks my 100th blog post on thestylelodown.com!! I can’t believe I’ve published that many posts, most of which have happened over the last six months. What better way to celebrate than 1) it being Fri-YAY and 2) talking about my favorite clean skincare products. Read on for a quick guide to my must-haves that help keep my skin clear, balanced, and glowing.
1. No. 3 Balancing Facial Oil: I’ve always struggled with dry, sensitive skin that was combination (dryness caused oil to overproduce) and my rosacea would constantly be flaring up. While part of those flare-ups can be attributed to diet, the usual redness was always frustrating and dryness made it even worse. This oil helped not only hydrate and balance my skin, but also reduce the redness of my rosacea. It is infused with ingredients like rose hip oil, meadowfoam seed oil, ylang ylang and chamomile. I apply 4 drops to my hands and smooth it onto my face (pressing it best, but I don’t always have patience for that) after cleansing and toning. You can also add 1-3 drops to your moisturizer for an extra glow! Our facial oils are my #1 favorite product and I recommend them to everyone.
2. No. 3 Balancing Charcoal Mask: This mask purifies and balances with nutrient-rich kaolin clay that draws out impurities and absorbs excess oil. Meanwhile, activated charcoal works to make pores appear smaller, smooth and refine skin’s texture. It also contains salicylic acid which exfoliates and helps control breakouts. It’s great for oily or combination skin. I use it 1-2 times a week after cleansing my skin as part of a nighttime routine. If I’m having a breakout or see a pimple trying to rise to the surface, I use it as an overnight spot treatment. Works like a charm!
3. Cleansing Balm: While I can’t personally use this product because it contains avocado oil, which unfortunately I’m allergic to, I am always so impressed by our Cleansing Balm. Just place a small amount onto your finger tips, rub them together to emulsify, then massage onto your face including the eye area so it will remove any makeup. Then take a warm damp washcloth and gently wipe it off. Voila! It removes all makeup, dirt and grime from your day to leave skin feeling clean and hydrated. The best part is that it has so many uses beyond being a cleanser: overnight mask, natural highlighter, cuticle balm, soothes dry winter skin, the list goes on. Every client that has ordered it has become addicted! It is especially great during the winter months because it can hydrate and nourish your skin so well.
4. Sheer Lipstick: Finding the right lip color that I can wear everyday was a challenge. I didn’t want something that I constantly had to check if it needed reapplication or a lipstick that felt too heavy. When I tried this sheer lipstick I knew that it was going to be my go to! It was lightweight, moisturizing, and gave me the perfect pop of color! I felt comfortable applying it without a mirror like I would lip balm. However, if I layered it I could instantly get a deeper shade of pink. My favorite color is “Rose” because it is a bump up from my natural color. I wear it in almost all of my blog pictures and almost always throw some on before leaving the house. Even if I’m just going to the grocery store, it helps make my face look a little more awake on those days where coffee just isn’t enough. Other popular shades include Twig (Allure Best of Beauty winner!), Peony, and Currant.
5. Instant Eye Makeup Remover: This product harnesses the power of coconut and macadamia oils, as well as soothing cornflower extract, to gently remove makeup. Just gently shake the bottle, apply to a cotton ball or pad, and swipe it across your face. I use this as an allover makeup remover and it works like a charm! It isn’t really heavy, doesn’t clog pores, and it gets everything off. I use it to remove eye makeup, lipstick/stain, breakdown foundation, you name it. I also like that it’s safe for contact wearers and sensitive skin (which is exactly what I need). Plus, it doesn’t strip skin of it’s moisture while it works. It leaves your skin feeling nice and hydrated!
Hope you enjoyed this list of my five favorite skincare products! If you would like to learn more about Beautycounter products or starting your own business, please feel free to shoot me an email or shop online at beautycounter.com/loganrussell.